While every effort is made to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the Website content and services, we make no warranties either express or implied, and assume no liability or responsibility for the completeness, use, accuracy, reliability, correctness, timeliness or usefulness, of any of the results obtained from its use.
While every effort is made to ensure that all content provided on the Website does not contain computer viruses and/or harmful materials, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or otherwise protect your computer and you should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of the applicable items on your computer. We disclaim any liability for the need for services or replacing equipment or data resulting from your use of the Website. While every effort is made to ensure smooth and continuous operation, we do not warrant the Website will operate error free.
By submitting a telephone number to the Hartford Foundation you agree that a representative of the Hartford Foundation can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our services.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and other technical issues. Therefore, we will not be liable if this Website is unavailable at any time. Our Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair, or for reasons beyond our control.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This Website may contain links to other Websites (“Linked Websites”). The Linked Websites are not under the control of the Hartford Foundation and the Hartford Foundation is not responsible for the contents of such Linked Websites, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Website, or any changes or updates to a Linked Website. The Hartford Foundation is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Hartford Foundation of the Linked Website or any association with its operators.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the Website, you warrant to the Hartford Foundation that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use this Website in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Website.
USE OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
The Website may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, comment areas, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, “Communication Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service expressly allows such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. We discourage divulging any information that can be used to identify or locate you. You acknowledge and agree that if you make such disclosures on Communication Services, you do so fully understanding that such information could be used to identify you. The Hartford Foundation does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, the Hartford Foundation specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service.
The Hartford Foundation reserves the right to disclose any information contained in or related to a posting on a Communication Service as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
MATERIALS PROVIDED TO HARTFORD FOUNDATION OR POSTED ON ANY HARTFORD FOUNDATION WEBSITE
The Hartford Foundation does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to the Hartford Foundation through any means including without limitation feedback, suggestions, postings, uploads, input or submission to any Hartford Foundation Website (collectively “Submissions”). However, by providing, posting, uploading, inputting or submitting your Submission you grant the Hartford Foundation and its sublicensees a worldwide, irrevocable, transferable, perpetual, royalty free right and license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly perform and display, modify (including creating derivative works), adapt, translate, archive, and store your Submission, in any form, format or medium, of any kind now known or later developed and for any reason whatsoever, whether or not commercial. All rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for additional compensation of any sort to you.
You acknowledge that the Hartford Foundation may or may not prescreen any Submission and shall have the right (but not the obligation), in its sole discretion, to remove, block, move, edit or refuse any Submission at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, that such Submission violates these terms or is otherwise objectionable.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Hartford Foundation, its affiliates, officers, directors and employees harmless, including costs and attorneys fee, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your access of this Website, including any claim or demand arising from your Submissions, your use of Communication Services, or your violation of this Agreement.
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THESE TERMS. THE HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THIS WEBSITE AT ANY TIME. ADVICE, SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS RECEIVED VIA THIS WEBSITE ARE NOT ENDORSED BY THE HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL OR OTHER DECISIONS.
THE HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES, AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. In some instances, sample companies, organizations, products, people and events are depicted in this Website and in all such instances, the references are fictitious and no association with any real company, organization, product, person, or event is intended or should be inferred.
NOTICES AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement under United States copyright law should be sent to: Bonnie Malley, vice president for finance and administration, Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, 10 Columbus Blvd, Hartford, CT 06106.
Copyright Notice and Counter Notice
If you believe that content available on or through this Website infringes your copyrights, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) and other applicable laws permit you to request that the content be removed or access be blocked. If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA.
In the case of notices, please provide the following information to the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, at the address below:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest that is allegedly being infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving’s Website, with enough detail that we may find it on the website (in most circumstances, we will need a URL);
- your address, telephone number, and email address so that you can be contacted by the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving if necessary;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving maintains a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of Website use privileges of users who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights. Please be aware that there can be substantial penalties for false claims. Thus, if you are not sure whether content available on or located through this Website infringes your intellectual property, you should contact an attorney.
In the case of counter-notices, please provide the following information to the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving:
- your electronic or physical signature;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been blocked and the location it appeared prior to removal or blocking;
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or blocked as a result of mistake or misidentification; and
- your contact details and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of federal District Court for the judicial district where you live.
All notices and counter-notices for the Website should be sent to the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving at:
Via electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via regular mail: Bonnie Malley
Vice President for Finance and Administration
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
10 Columbus Boulevard, 8th floor
Hartford, CT 06106
Effective Date: October 1, 2018