Technology is a mission-critical investment that can accelerate your organization’s impact. By thoughtfully integrating technology into your operations, communications, fundraising, and service delivery, you can fundamentally shift the way you deliver your mission and serve your community.
Strategic technology planning—much like any strategic planning process—is a comprehensive look at the current state and desired future for your organization. It can help you:
- Identify and prioritize technology investments to support your mission and strategic goals
- Understand the ongoing costs to manage, maintain and replace technology
- Establish realistic expectations and clear outcomes for your technology investments, allowing you to better justify your spending and communicate its impact
- Weave technology into your organizational planning, including budgeting and grant requests.
Our Strategic Technology program is offered periodically. You must apply and be accepted in order to participate.
WHAT WE OFFER
NSP’s Strategic Technology Program enables your organization to:
- Attend our Technology Strategies for Nonprofit Leaders workshop
- Work with a technology consultant to develop a multi-year strategic technology plan
- Apply for a Strategic Technology Grant to implement projects identified in your plan
This program is available to nonprofits in the Greater Hartford region that have been in operation for at least three years and have annual budgets between $300,000 and $8 million.
Organizations are eligible to participate in the program once every 5 years.
Grants are reviewed individually and generally range from:
Organization budget size:
May be eligible for grants of:
$100,000 - $250,000
up to 10% of annual budget
$250,001 - $750,000
up to $25,000
$750,001 - $2 million
up to $40,000
$2 - $8 million
up to $50,000
Statewide agencies or those serving a region beyond Greater Hartford are eligible to apply for an amount that is proportional to the percentage of services provided in the Hartford Foundation’s region.
Grant funding can be used to implement projects identified in the strategic technology plan created through the program.
Some of the eligible expenses include: computer hardware and software, servers and networking systems, database design and development, web design and development, printers, copiers and telephone systems.
Grant funding cannot be used for staff salaries or ongoing operating expenses such as internet access, telephone charges or web and e-mail hosting.
Organizations that have received an NSP Strategic Technology Grant must prepare interim and final reports and payment requests. Please download the instructions as a Microsoft Word document. Save the document to your computer and follow the instructions for completing and submitting the reports.
Please submit all questions, reports, and payment requests to GrantsAdministration@hfpg.org.
Ready to talk next steps?
Contact Amy Studwell to discuss participating in our Strategic Technology Program.