Your people are arguably your organization’s most valuable resource, so developing leaders should be a top priority. When your organization invests in developing leaders, you help ensure a pipeline of talent to facilitate the execution of your nonprofit’s strategy. Building effective leaders and teams expands the capacity of individuals to excel in leadership roles throughout the organization.
- Executive Management Institute is exclusively for Executive Directors/CEOs and provides a comprehensive overview of nonprofit management and board issues relevant to the executive director’s leadership role.
- Leaders Circles strengthen the ability of executive directors/CEOs and senior leaders to successfully lead their nonprofits. Participants gather with peers to share, reflect, and develop a network of support. Additionally, they have access to an experienced executive coach who can help them address challenges and excel as leaders.
- Technical Assistance Grants (TAGs) for Executive Coaching to allow executive directors/CEOs to work with an experienced coach in a confidential setting.
- Board Leadership Program helps strengthen boards' effectiveness and performance, and partnership between the CEO and the board.
- Thresholds Programs for Departing or Retiring Executive Directors/CEOs offer executives the opportunity to learn about effective practices to prepare for their leadership departure, use tools to assess organizational vulnerabilities and the actions necessary to leave well, and to share with peers the joys and anxieties of leaving their work.
Leadership Development Roundtable (LDR) allows emerging leaders to grow their leadership skills and networks.
Leadership Greater Hartford offers a variety of leadership development programs for Hartford-area individuals.
Leaders on Board by Leadership Greater Hartford matches individuals interested in serving on boards with nonprofits
Leadership New England, a report by TSNE MissionWorks, explores issues, practices and trends in leadership in New England.