NSP’s Financial Management Training Program offers nonprofit leadership teams an opportunity to learn to better understand, communicate and oversee their organization’s finances.
This free program runs for approximately four months and is offered periodically, according to the Training Series Timeline and based on demand. You must apply and be accepted in order to participate.
Through a series of highly interactive workshops, participating organizations:
- Come together to share ideas, resources and best practices
- Complete a self-assessment and financial profile
- Receive one-on-one coaching to put workshop concepts into practice
- Create an action plan for improvements.
As a result, your leadership team will improve its ability to:
- Understand your organization’s financial health and key trends
- Effectively monitor and analyze financial results
- Use historical financial information to inform future plans and forecasts
- Communicate your financial story internally and externally
Upon completing the program, you may apply for an implementation grant to support your action plan.
There is no charge to participate in this program. To qualify for consideration, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Your agency’s annual operating budget must be between $300,000 and $8 million
- Members of your leadership team must wish to expand their financial knowledge and background
- Members of your board and finance committee must wish to strengthen their effectiveness in overseeing the organization’s finances
“We are truly a much different organization now than when we started, in how we present our financials.”
Ready to talk next steps?
Contact Amy Studwell to discuss participating in our Financial Management Training Program.