NSP’s Evaluation Capacity Grant program provides up to $15,000 to help qualified organizations build on their existing evaluation capacity.
Evaluation Capacity Grants aim to help qualified organizations accomplishing one or more of the following:
- Further integrate evaluative thinking into organizational or collaborative practice
- Stimulate innovative or creative approaches to participatory evaluation
- Develop and/or implement an organizational evaluation plan or system
- Implement a new evaluation framework such as Results Based Accountability/other
- Expand an existing or initiate a new evaluation project or program
- Support the evaluation of a program that is funded through the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving or other funding organization
- Provide evaluation or data analysis services beyond the capacity of organization staff
- Share evaluation learning with the broader field
You may use granted funds for the following purposes:
- Project-specific staff development or peer exchange
- Consultant or other contracted external support
- Equipment or computer software
- Staff augmentation to support evaluation work
NSP will award a limited number of Evaluation Capacity Grants, based on available resources.
To be eligible to apply, your organization must have an annual budget over $300,000 be able to:
- Demonstrate an existing level of evaluation capacity
- Commitment to complete the evaluation work for which funding is requested
- Meet Hartford Foundation for Public Giving grantmaking guidelines.
Existing evaluation capacity may be demonstrated by:
- Completion of the NSP Building Evaluation Capacity program or a similar program
- Documentation of previous organizational or program evaluation work
- Qualified permanently-assigned evaluation staff.
This project report is for organizations that have received an NSP Evaluation Capacity Grant and are preparing final reports and payment requests.
Please download the report below as a Microsoft Word document. Save the document to your computer and follow the instructions on the first page for completing and submitting the report.
Please submit all questions, reports, and payment requests to GrantsAdministration@hfpg.org.
Ready to talk next steps?
Contact Doug Shipman at email@example.com to discuss applying for an Evaluation Capacity Grant.